Most of us are aware that maintaining body hydration is a surefire way to stay fit. However, while we take great steps to ensure the source of the water, we may not always be careful when it comes to storing it.
You Need to Ditch that Plastic Water Bottle Now
A good number of people consider plastic bottles as highly convenient. However, this convenience and portability come at a great price to humans and nature as a whole.
Here’s why people have started to choose a copper jug or a bottle over a plastic one-off late:
Plastic is Dangerous for Humans and the Environment
Plastic directly impacts our health by changing the quality of the water it stores. That’s because the chemicals used to manufacture and treat plastic comes into contact with the water. Other reasons why plastic bottles are more harmful than useful include –
Plastic bottles have Bisphenol a (BPA) in them. That’s a chemical that gives plastic its transparent appearance. Once it interacts with the water and mixes in it, it gets ingested along with the water and wreaks havoc with the endocrine system. Some of its well-known effects include:
- The induction of premature labor in pregnant women
- Low birth weight or birth defects in babies
- Different types of cancer
- Unnaturally early onset of puberty and menstruation in young girls
- Neurological complications in certain cases of prolonged usage
Plastic in bottles also has chemical compounds known as Phthalates, which also have a negative effect on the human body. Extended use of plastic bottles, therefore, can also lead to one or more of the following issues:
- It could decrease sperm count and create abnormalities in the testicles
- It may create problems during gender development
- Phthalates also have carcinogenic properties – their prolonged consumption can result in one or another form of cancer
Reasons behind the Rise of the Copper Water Bottle
Now that you have a brief idea of the harmful properties of plastic water bottles, you may be wondering if copper is any better. It certainly is a far cry from the average carcinogenic plastic container, but there’s more to this metal than its rustic looks.
Take a look at some of the major benefits of using a copper water bottle in place of plastic:
- The average human body requires around a milligram of copper daily. Drinking water that has been stored in a copper vessel is useful because the metal also interacts with the water, imparting a few useful properties to it.
- Copper is considered nature’s sterilizer and has an oligodynamic effect on water. In other words, it eliminates various pathogens like bacteria that may be present in the water, providing clean water. This means that copper kills bacteria and other microorganisms that are present in the water giving you sterilized, healthy water to consume safely.
- Aside from giving you your daily dose of copper, a copper water bottle is capable of increasing the strength of the body’s immune system. This increases your defense against a broad range of communicable diseases.
- Copper also has the ability to enhance the activity of the human brain. It can do this by boosting the body’s ability to manufacture phospholipids. These are responsible for developing myelin sheaths that coat nerve cells and enable the transmission of messages. As a result, the brain is able to process quickly and more efficiently.
- The anticonvulsant properties of copper make it effective in preventing convulsion disorders such as seizures or epilepsy.
- Copper has antioxidant properties as well, so drinking water from a copper water container will actually have the opposite effect as compared to drinking water from a plastic bottle.
- This metal can provide relief from pain caused due to inflammation from health problems such as arthritis. This is due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, it can prove beneficial for those whose bones require healing, including arthritis patients.
- Last, but not least – drinking from a copper glass or bottle can promote weight loss. This is because copper is capable of breaking down fat molecules more rapidly and helping your system get rid of them. In this manner, it improves the efficiency of your digestive system as well.
Copper is a vital mineral that offers several advantages to human health. According to Ayurveda, copper vessels turn water into ‘Tamra Jal’ which helps restore balance among the three Doshas of the body. It works best when consumed every morning on an empty stomach in the morning.
At Nestaire, we provide a wide range of copper and pearl tableware. These include copper pots, jugs, bottles, and glasses for drinking, serving, and storing water, as well as coasters, decorative trays, flower vases, and more.
So, if you want to incorporate the positive effects of copper and keep your body free from harmful chemicals, consider switching to a copper water bottle that can add both good health and stylish flair to your lifestyle!