Serving trays are included in nearly every must-have kitchen accessories list. They’re incredibly useful and also contribute to the theme and décor of your dining or coffee table, yet fail to get the special mention they deserve.
Despite their role in carrying many kinds of things around with ease, they aren’t given as much thought or preference, even when we’re buying a new flatware or tableware set. Here, we’ll talk about all the things you can conveniently present using a well-built serving tray.
Most Common Things that can be presented in a Serving Tray
Serving trays are quite important and are widely popular around the world, available in an unlimited range of sizes, designs, and materials. Many trays are designed for specific purposes, from serving specific food proportions to carrying cutlery and crockery to and from kitchen cabinets.
Consider the following list of items that can’t be served properly unless they’re on a serving tray –
1. Tea & Coffee – Whether you want to offer a soothing cup of hot beverage to one person or five, you can do so in a much more presentable manner and reduce spillage with a beautiful and sturdy serving tray. A sizable tray like the one pictured below can also accommodate some snacks to accompany the drink.
2. Drinks at your home bar – You can simply place all the drinks on a tray to signal they’re ready for consumption. This proves especially useful when you’re serving a variety of drinks as your guests can take their pick and help themselves.
3. Fruit and cheese platters – Cheese lovers usually have a collection of decorative trays on which they love to cut and present an assortment of cheese and accompaniments like fruits, bread, crackers, meat, nuts, and so on. A beautiful serving tray can easily be used in such cases, and you’ll be the talk of the next brunch when you switch things up and serve your fruits on a stylish platter instead of the usual fruit bowl. The more elaborate the tray, the fewer efforts you’ll have to make, like the one pictured below.
4. Meals in bed – Sometimes, you may want to pamper your loved ones with a scrumptious breakfast in bed. The serving tray will be the star in such cases, so make sure it’s a sturdy one that can act as a makeshift table and keep all the food and drink organized.
5. Snacks – Whether you are hosting a bunch of relatives for a special occasion or entertaining your neighbours every once in a while, it always feels more presentable to serve an assortment of snacks in a tray or two all at once, rather than bringing them one by one. The presence of serving trays usually helps keep all the food and drink separated and organized as well.
Other Uses of Serving Trays
Even if it’s more of a necessity than an opportunity for the time being, you may want to own a small collection of trays in different designs and sizes that will prove useful in different situations.
They can even double as home décor – just place one on your coffee table next to a scented candle and a flower vase for a beautiful look.
If you like keeping your cutlery on the dining table, a few serving trays can help separate and keep it sorted, adding style to the table at the same time.
Serving trays are undoubtedly versatile as they are useful for a list of reasons, making them an extremely important accessory to have in the kitchen. Not only do they prove handy when serving several people, but they can also enhance your tea or coffee drinking experience as well.
Ready to add some useful decorative trays to your collection? Check out Nestaire’s unique tissue box cover collection and our fascinating range of trays made from exquisite Mother of Pearl along with the highest quality of materials and finest craftsmanship.
Each piece we offer is wonderfully made and capable of adding a touch of style and luxury to your décor.